- By purchasing a ticket, you are agreeing to the following disclaimer
- Who should I contact if I’d like to do a story on Tormented Souls Haunt and Scream Park?
- I’d like to scare people or be a part of the Tormented Souls Haunt team. How do I apply?
- Where are you located?
- When are you open?
- How much does it cost?
- Do you accept checks?
- Are there any group discounts available?
- Is there an age limit?
- Do I need to print off my online tickets?
- Can I get a refund if I am unable to make it or I am running late for my time slot?
- What if Tormented Souls cancels due to weather?
- How long is the wait?
- Can I go through it more than once?
- Can we take photos and/or videos at Tormented Souls Haunt and Scream Park?
- How long should I plan to spend at Tormented Souls Haunt and Scream Park?
- Do you have strobe lights, loud noises, and fog at Tormented Souls?
- Is there security onsite?
- Is there food for sale?
- What should I wear?
- Can I wear a costume?
- Can I bring a purse or a bag into the event?
- Will the actors touch us?
- Can we touch the actors?
- What if I get too scared to go into the haunt maze when I get there? Or too scared once I am in?
- Are there restrooms available?
- If I have a medical condition, is it okay to participate?
- Is Tormented Souls Haunt and Scream Park handicap accessible?
- Can I bring my dog?
- Do you accept credit cards or cash?
- Can I be denied access for any reason?
- Didn't find an answer to your Questions?
By purchasing a ticket, you are agreeing to the following disclaimer
RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
Purchase of this ticket serves as agreement to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence Rising Phoenix LLC, Tormented Souls Haunt, and its owners, directors, Officers, employees, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, and also agree as follows:
- I acknowledge that haunted house activities involve known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to broken bones, bruises and other bodily injuries caused by falls or contact with walls, objects or other participants; medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
- I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releasees. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation. 3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs. 4. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition. 5. In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so solely in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply. 6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By purchase of this ticket, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.
I also understand that this ticket is non-refundable once purchased.
Who should I contact if I’d like to do a story on Tormented Souls Haunt and Scream Park?
- Email us or call 515-321-8356
I’d like to scare people or be a part of the Tormented Souls Haunt team. How do I apply?
- Check out our Join the Team page
Where are you located?
- We’re out in the middle of nowhere, where spirits and demons lie in wait to torment your soul and zombies’ ravenous appetites await the feast on your…shall we say, delicacies.
- The only way to get there is by Terror Bus. It stops at the Southeast side of Edgewood Park, Madrid, IA. It is only accessible from S. Main St. Just south of the baseball field. See map. The bus leaves every 20 minutes.
When are you open?
- Except for Friday, October 1, we are open every Friday and Saturday during October from 7:15 PM -11:45 PM, barring any weather events (We will post any cancellations on www.TormentedSoulsHaunt.com and Facebook and Instagram.
- Buy your ticket online to reserve your spot. See schedule.
How much does it cost?
- Our ticket pricing varies depending on the scare adventure(s) you choose. You can go through the Tormented Souls outdoor haunt maze to challenge your fears, or you can participate in Zee-pocolypse Paintball to help us rid the woods of zombies. If you are feeling especially courageous, (and we certainly know you are) you simply must take advantage of our Seventh Sin Discount tickets to save a little, while maximizing your scare adventure. We also have a new sideshow for your entertainment pleasure should you dare to enter at your own risk.
- For ticket prices, click here.
Do you accept checks?
- No, we do not accept checks. We take credit card or cash.
Are there any group discounts available?
- Get your scream on with a group of 8 or more and save $2/ticket when you buy your tickets online. A $2/ticket discount will automatically be applied at checkout.
Is there an age limit?
- No, however, Frightseekers, Tormented Souls Haunt is intended to unleash your fears and stir up your worst nightmares, so you be the judge! IT IS NOT for the faint of heart.
- Kids 12 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Kids 18 and under MUST have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
Do I need to print off my online tickets?
- You don’t have to, but we highly recommend it. Having a pre-printed online ticket will expedite the process and get you to the deliciously fun screams much faster.
Can I get a refund if I am unable to make it or I am running late for my time slot?
- ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- Unable to make your scheduled time slot? You are welcome to come on the night you reserved but be aware it might result in a longer wait time.
- Unable to make your date? You may be able to reschedule to a different one. Contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you on a new date, however, if time slots are sold out, we may not be able to reschedule you. We do not offer refunds.
What if Tormented Souls cancels due to weather?
- We are an outdoor venue so weather can be a factor. If we cancel due to weather, we will post the cancellation on www.tormentedsoulshaunt.com and Tormented Souls Haunt on Facebook and Instagram. If you have tickets for the evening’s performance, we will give you the option to reschedule for another night.
How long is the wait?
- Buy your ticket online and select a scheduled time slot to help minimize your wait.
Can I go through it more than once?
- Oh my… you are a serious fright-seeker, aren’t you!?! Yes, you are welcome to go through again, if you dare, but only one scream session per ticket. You will have to buy another ticket to go through again.
Can we take photos and/or videos at Tormented Souls Haunt and Scream Park?
- Selfies in front of our selfie photo stations are encouraged. Have fun and share your location with your friends on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- In the Haunt Maze there is absolutely NO photography or video recording permitted. Doing so will get you expulsion from the haunt maze and an immediate return ride on the Terror Bus back to Edgewood Park. There are no refunds.
How long should I plan to spend at Tormented Souls Haunt and Scream Park?
- That’s a difficult question to answer. Assuming you make it out alive . . . If you buy your ticket online and arrive at your scheduled time slot, you would go to the front of the queue behind other online ticket buyers. If you didn’t, well, let’s just say it might be the end of the line for you where the demons like to quietly pick off procrastinating fright-seekers.
- If you are experiencing the haunt maze only, we suggest you plan for at least an hour. This allows for the Terror Bus ride; some wait time and a fright-seeking adventure through the Tormented Souls Haunt Maze.
- If you want to try your skill at the Zee-pocalypse Paintball zombie hunt adventure, we suggest you plan for an hour for that as well.
- If doing both, plan for two to two and half hours.
- We also have food, entertainment, and some selfie background fun which may add to your scream stay.
Do you have strobe lights, loud noises, and fog at Tormented Souls?
- Oh yes! Along with the chill of demons’ breath and the stench of fear! Therefore, if you have epilepsy, asthma, heart issues, or are pregnant, please check with your physician.
Is there security onsite?
- Yes, we have security guards onsite throughout the evening. Just a reminder, no weapons of any kind, no drugs, and no alcohol are allowed on the Terror Bus or at our haunt.
Is there food for sale?
- Yes, there will be food available for purchase at the haunt. Make a night of it. You eat and drink (no alcohol), and we’ll be scary!
What should I wear?
- This is an outdoor venue, and some nights can be especially cold due to the chill of lurking demons. So, be sure to check the weather and dress accordingly. The terrain of our haunt is suited to running shoes and full cover shoes, so we suggest you leave the sandals and high heels at home.
Can I wear a costume?
- No masks covering your entire face and no props. Yes, you can wear a costume.
Can I bring a purse or a bag into the event?
- Short answer: Minimize and bring only what you need. Backpacks or large bags are not permitted in the haunt, and we do not have any place for you to store them so please leave them at home.
Will the actors touch us?
- Actors will not touch you.
Can we touch the actors?
- Absolutely not. Don’t touch the actors and they won’t touch you. Touch an actor and find yourself exorcised from the haunt by haunt security and a fast ticket back to Edgewood Park on the Terror Bus or worse.
What if I get too scared to go into the haunt maze when I get there? Or too scared once I am in?
- Sometimes our fears can get the best of us. We get that. So, if you are too scared to enter, that’s totally cool. No judgment! If you get too scared once you enter, stay calm and let our actors know you need to leave, and we will escort you out. Remember, we do not refund tickets.
Are there restrooms available?
- Yes, portable restrooms are available onsite
.We suggest using one before you get in line? We aim to scare the you-know-what out of you so be prepared or just change your britches after your fright adventure!
If I have a medical condition, is it okay to participate?
- There are fog machines, strobe lights, loud noises, and a lot of scary things, etc… Please contact your physician to determine if this is safe for you.
Is Tormented Souls Haunt and Scream Park handicap accessible?
- Please contact us for more information. Email us or call 515-321-8356
Can I bring my dog?
- We have our own demons afoot, so no animals are permitted. Our demons have an especially strong appetite for furry creatures so we cannot ensure their safety.
Do you accept credit cards or cash?
- Buy your tickets online and in advance. It is the only way that you can pick your time slot to assure the shortest wait time, providing you the best possible experience. Those with online ticket purchases and on time for their time slot will be put to the front of the queue.
- Credit card purchases onsite are an option but be aware that the internet can be spotty out in the middle of nowhere and those pesky demons love to interfere with the towers, so consider buying your tickets online ahead of time to assure you will be able to participate when you get there.
- Cash? We’d rather not but our demons aren’t finicky and if you are the cash-carrying type of fright-seeker, we won’t deny you the chance to get your scream on. Note that it may result in a longer wait time.
Can I be denied access for any reason?
- Oh Yes you can! We reserve the right to refuse admittance to anyone.
- We aim to make the fright experience safe and fun for our actors and our fright-seekers. If your actions compromise that, you will be banned.
- Absolutely, no weapons, no alcohol, or drugs. No obscene behavior or foul language.
Didn’t find an answer to your Questions?
- Please contact us for more information. Email us or call 515-321-8356